Monday, December 17, 2007

"Noel".......


I wasn't going to buy it.
My friend Nora had bought it while we were at "Books A Million" one day.
One of our "favorite" haunts. We both like books and Josh Groban obviously.

I told her I would borrow hers after she had listened to it.

Then I sort of forgot about it.

Until last week.

I turned the TV on one day to catch the local news and it was the tail end of
"The Oprah Show."
I'm not a huge fan of hers but watch occasional things she may have on from time to time....rare...but I do like Dr. Oz....ha!

This show was her "favorite things" show and she said they had very special singing guest coming up after the commercial break so I was curious of course.

I had trailed off into the other room to do some odd task and when I came back into the front room it was "Josh Groban" who I LOVE to hear....belting out....
"Silent Night" and "It Came Upon A Midnight" both off of his new CD and sang along with a "Little Boy Choir" and a wonderful Black Gospel Choir.

It was FABULOUS!!!!

I wanted to scream.
But I cried instead....right in my front room.

Yes, I need help.
Yes, Hallmark shows and commericals DO make me cry.
Thats just me.

Howeever, if you want to make me float on air.......
You can do a few things.....and I am talking musically here....

The music must have passion.....it's wonderful if it has say..."Bagpipes, and Irish Flutes, or Ulean Pipes" somewhere in the midst of it...but if you have a "Boy Choir"....
then I am "over the top" with joy.

I love "Boy Choirs" their little voices are always so ANGELIC......I can't hardly contain myself when I hear a sweet little Boy Choir.

These little guys were dressed in long Black Robes with cute little White Collars, and Red Belt Sashes.....like "Little Cardinals"..not the birds...the Priests.

I decided right then and there....."I have to get that CD for my music library!"

I just checked and the little "Boy Choir" that was singing with Josh Groban was from
"Magdalen College" Right.....that's the College that C.S. Lewis taught at in Oxford.
Nice.

Luke picked it up for me today right after he got a filling at the Dentist! HA!
How nice was that of him?

Well it did cost me two "Hunting Magazines and McDonald's" Ugh.....but it was sooo worth it.

I've listened to that CD from the moment he brought it in the door.

You HAVE to hear (and see) it.
I put the video up there for you if you hit on it you'll see what I mean!!!

2 comments:

jw said...

Joyce -- I finally got my account so I can post comments !! Just wanted to let you know that I have the Josh Groban CD also and love it. But you HAVE to get the new Celtic Woman Christmas CD. It is AWESOME !! I got mine at the new Barnes and Noble at Perkins Rowe. Check it out and let me know what you think. Julie

Joyce said...

Hey Julie,
I'm so sorry I didn't get back with you. I NEVER check my comments is that dingy. HA!
I will write you an e-mail and we will have a chat about the "Celtic Woman" I like them TOOO. I watch them on PBS when they are on.
Thanks!!!
Joyce