Friday, March 20, 2009

Wearing of the Green.....

You know as well as I do that EVERYONE is "Irish" on St. Patrick's Day......whether they have one drop of Irish blood in them or not.
Most people that I came across last Tuesday were "wearing Green".....

My good friend Nora and I had made plans to go to lunch that day. No Irish food for us that meal.

We ate "Cajun" food wouldn't you know....at a sweet, little, neighborhood restaurant called "Jasmine's On The Bayou."
We always try to support our area business's. Especially in times like these.

My friend, Nora
Herself
OF COURSE I had on my fabulous Green WOOL blend jacket with the really cool crest on the front that I bought at a thrift store a few years ago JUST for this day.

And it was very hot Tuesday.
We went shopping next and Nora wore my coat at the store and I bought a NEW "Green" shirt to wear......because I was burning up.
It was 80 degrees outside.

Here is something Miss Priss funny that she just called and told me.....
and it make my heart glad.


Miss Priss and I work at the same little store.
She said to me on the phone just now....."Mama, have you met the new lady that is starting?"
And I said....."No why?"

The she said....."Oh you are going to have so much fun with her!"
To which I said....."OH MY GOSH IS SHE BRITISH???"

Miss Priss replied....."Yeah, Mama she's brand new  to our country."
I then told her......"Oh this is going to be so fun!"
You know once I met her..this new lady at work...I found out she'd lived in America about 20+ years! HA! She still has a very strong accent is all.

6 comments:

Denise said...

Pretty!!! Your pictures are great and you wear the green well......... and how much fun will it be to visit with the new employee..... I envy you.... I so loved the three years that I spent in England...... I love the Brits!

Teresa's New Life said...

Your haircut is so cute! And you & your friend both look as though you enjoyed your day.
The new employee is very lucky to have you to work with-I'm sure you all will have a "grand" time and "get on" well!

magnoliasntea said...

What a lovely St. Patrick's day! Love the pictures; thanks for sharing them. :)
I am gwe (green with envy) over that smart jacket..my style. A few years back I was at the li'l Scottish store just outside Colonial Williamsburg admirin' one very similar but passed on payin' a million dollars for it, and here you found one at a sale..that was great!
OH, you're workin' w'a Brit, you say. This will be fun! Keep us posted on your "work" situation. _giggles_
Btw, one of my best-ever friends was a Brit who'd married a German during WWII. Lovely folks.

Your li'l green doily is on it's way. :) Have a great day!

Andrea said...

Joyce, just wanted to drop you a note to let you know that I very much enjoyed perusing your blog. I am a fan of C.S. Lewis also. What a deep, inspirational writer he was! Ireland is a fascinating country, and though I've never been, it certainly is a dream of mine to go. Many blessings to you.

Andrea

The Urban Chic said...

Oh girl, I love the green jacket, and it looks super on you. Glad you had a great day. I spent mine in bed---yuk! How is Baby Aaron doing? Hope he is doing better with each day. Big Hugs, Pat

Julie said...

"Herself" looks wonderful in green. I could not find my shamrock socks but wore a teal green top (decided my emerald green top was just too old) with my four Irish pins: two claddaghs, an Irish angel and a shamrock, of course!