Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Funny how your life can spin from 90 miles an hour to less than 10 in a matter of moments.
But it's all good really.

Mrs. Priss's photographer...

The now "MRS.Priss" taking Bridal photos in downtown Baton Rouge....
I am currently "adjusting" to not seeing or hearing from Mrs. Priss.
Which had been an ALL day and night situation with her living here with us for nearly 19 years......to just a few mere "text messages" per day. And I don't like it.

Because we were very close.....but now the "Honeymooners" must bond and rightly so. That is how is supposed to be.

"For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; and they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more two, but one flesh."
Mark 10:7-8


We believe this. It is how life works.
And I had "braced" myself for this transition...but I don't like it. :~(

Although I am very happy for Mrs. Priss and Mr. Joshua....
It's an odd "Bittersweet" feeling.
Who knew? No one told me I would feel this way.

The "empty" nest is a sad thing at times....
but it's a good thing at other times. It's nice to have a cleaner house and not to have to cook some evenings...but loneliness does still come.

We do still have one birdie here that hasn't flown the coop. Luke and Joshua
I'm refering to the bird on the left...however....He's a busy bird, and very messy.

And we also have one hairy beast.
Both of those keep me sweeping and mopping continually.....

2 comments:

Ms.Daisy said...

Joyce,
This is such a funny and bittersweet post! Yes, it is very difficult in the beginning but you gradually get used to it and when they get home I'm sure they'll spend a lot of time with you then!
She needs you too, don't forget that! Blessings to you and your family!


~Jean

Julie said...

Oh, I did not know you had a hairy beast. I love him (her)! Please give a kiss for me. I was just kissing Gracie. All dogs need lovin'!