Saturday, May 12, 2007

Mother's Day


Yikes!
I guess this is where we are all headed. Looking into the mirror of life I think I see myself as younger many times. I don't feel like I am getting older, but I am. It's just a fact that I can't change. Do we have to act our ages though? No, I don't think we do. Actually, I hope we who are older and wiser, don't! HA!
However, some days I wish that my children who should act older, and don't, WOULD.

God have mercy on us all though, especially us Mother's. We feel the joys, the pains, the happiness, the heartaches, the pride, of being a Mother. I wouldn't want it any other way, and I am thankful for the 4 children I have.

Yet, who doesn't think of those Mother's who mourn this Mother's Day? I do. The ones who lost children at Virginia Tech this year. Or the Mother's who lost a child who was in Iraq. Or the Mother whose child was sentenced for murdering someone this year. Can you imagine that Mother's grief?
Or the Mother's who lost a child to cancer or some other dread disease. Everytime I hear or read of such things, I mourn along with them in my heart. We should. We are called to do this. "Blessed are those who mourn, for they SHALL be comforted."

Possibly, someone you know or even yourself, lost your own Mother this year. That reason alone can make this a hard holiday for you or some one else.

This year while we are celebrating our own victories as Mother's, our children's accomplishments, and great feats. While hanging their Mother's Day "works of art" on our refrigerators, that our chldren have made for us, let us not forgot those whom will mourn this Mother's Day.

I've learned through the years that Mother's Day can be so painful for many.
Maybe take a moment to not only lift one of those Mother's up with a prayer, but maybe call one or take them a cake or some flowers and let them know, "they are not forgotten" and help them make it through this day.
It's not always all about us..........sometimes it's about "them."

No comments: