Saturday, September 22, 2007

Fall's a coming


"Tomorrow marks the official start of autumn. The autumnal equinox is what determines this. The equinox means that there will be an equal amount of day and night."

I love the Fall of the year but why be so happy about it here in South Louisiana??? It's still hot and humid, although not as bad hopefully in a few more days.
Don't forget though that we can still get hurricanes in the Fall.

Believe me...my family went through one on October 4th about 5 years ago. That was a nightmare.

I guess it's just my "Midwestern" roots.

Once you've experienced a REAL Fall season....you will always be in love with it. I was chatting with some new ladies I met today and one of them was saying how much she loves "Fall" and she likes to decorate her home for Fall. I thought to myself.....
"Great minds think alike." HA!

I wanted to go to Maine a couple years ago but it didn't work out. Still want to go there though.

I don't think I want to do Vermont just because I don't want to give them my money. Vermont is a bit odd incase you don't know it. No offense to anyone from there.
But if you ARE from there......write me and give me the scoop will you? Surely everyone in Vermont can't be for this?

Many in Vermont want to "Succeed" from the Union and for their state to become it's own "country."
The "Vermont Republic."
What is up with that? Very Weird.
Because incase no one's checked lately....Vermont is the size of a peanut.

I've seen many reports on it but I don't get it.
I mean.....didn't some of our States already "try" to do this once. Like Vermont wasn't in on it then (and yes they were) and so they want to try it now?

What happens if they get into a "war." Does the rest of the United States have to come to their rescue if they do? I suppose so....we help everyone else even when they kick us in the teeth.
Might as well help Vermont too I guess.

They even sell Tee shirts that say...
"Free Vermont"....as if we are holding them hostage.
You see...I'm not going to go visit Vermont and give them my money to act all crazy like this.

We are trying to figure out where to go in October on a short trip. I miss the colors and want to travel somewhere that we can view some nice fall color.

October is my favorite month....Don and I got married in October....my daughter Ariel was born in October.
It's a great month to travel.....not too hot, not too cold. We have gone to Colorado and to Gatlinburg in October. Both trips were great.

If you have any thoughts or ideals...let me know. I've leaned towards three places lately. None of which is Vermont.

That's to bad too because I think it would be gorgeous there.

Stay tuned and I will let you know where we decide to go.

No comments: