Wednesday, October 17, 2007

"Deep Thoughts" in poetry


My sister Jerri sent me this last night. I've been thinking of putting some poetry on my blog...so I thought "what better occasion than now?"

I know she didn't write it.....because I asked.
But someone did.
I give you credit, whoever you are.
Oh nobel poet.

"When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true.

Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life.

Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for.
Unless of course, it's death by meteor."


Sorry, it is a bit crass..... but I laughed when I read it.

My sister pretty much has the same odd humor that I do.
We BOTH love to read and we both love to watch most all BBC shows..especially "Father Ted," it's one of our all time favorites.

Poor Ted.
He's off the planet now.
In real life.
It was very sudden how life ended for him.
A bit scary even.
I hope some of his dreams came true, but I hope he's having a better "after life" than he did "real life" on his TV show.
Totally ironic.

No comments: