Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I love Maggie Thatcher...


Honesty, I PROMISE I was going to write something on Winston Churchill today, but then I was reading this e-mail that came to me today and this article was in it and I admired it so much that I thought it best to share it with all of you.

Besides you can hear my
"Churchill.....NEVER GIVE UP!" chant later.

Three British Prime Ministers that I have always liked.....not necessarily in this order but possibly. It just depends on the day and my mood. HA!

Winston Churchill
Maggie Thatcher
Tony Blair

Gordan Brown has to prove himself to the British people, the world and to me first before we can make a good "call" on his life and career. Although he is the son of a Scottish Presbyterian Minister and I would say he has "that going for him." I read somewhere that,
"His Father was a strong influence on Gordon"....I am so thankful for that.

I hope and pray that he remembers all his Father taught him and keeps a Holy "conviction" in all he does, plans and thinks regarding the future his family and all of England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and any of the Common Wealth that they still have some impute into.

After writing that last bit, I realize again what a HUGE responsibility it is to be a
"World Leader." This is why we must PRAY for not only our own countrys Leaders, but for others as well.

Back to Maggie Thatcher, what a very cool lady. She acquired the "nickname" of....
"The Iron Lady"....kind of an oxymoron but it means what it says. She had guts and she was still a "Lady." I'm liking that.

I read this about her as well today on another site:
"Thatcher was brought up a devout Methodist and has remained a Christian throughout her life."

Quite possibly.....that proves where her great "fortitude" comes from.

Read this article that was sent to me and you will get a better picture of her heart.
**********************************************************************************************
Margaret Thatcher, born October 13, 1925, was the first woman Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.

While traveling through New York City in 1996, In an interview printed in Human Events, she stated: "The Ten Commandments are addressed to each and every person. This is the origin of our common humanity and of the sanctity of the individual. Each one has a duty to try to carry out those commandments. You don't get that in any other political creed.... It is personal liberty with personal responsibility."

Lady Thatcher continued: "Responsibility to your parents, to your children, to your God. This really binds us together in a way that nothing else does. If you accept freedom, you've got to have principles about the responsibility. You can't do this without a biblical foundation."

She concluded regarding America: "Your Founding Fathers came over with that. They came over with the doctrines of the New Testament as well as the Old. They looked after one another, not only as a matter of necessity, but as a matter of duty to their God. There is no other country in the world which started that way."

I mean the entire speech is wonderful but really, check out that last paragraph and that very last line.

IS that absolutely amazing?

Read with me again.
"There is no other country in the world which started that way."

Did you catch that part where she said "YOUR Founding Fathers"...that gave me chills because she personalized it. IT wasn't "her" Founding Fathers...it was "OURS" that did this.

Oh yes, I have a deep, deep, love the "Nations" but one can't deny that we are blessed to live in and to be Americans. I mean NO pride in that statement.

I am humbled that I was chosen to be born in this country for such a time as this.

We must NOT loose our Godly "Heritage"...it is our country's "national treasure" much more than artifacts, gold or land.

No comments: