Thursday, October 11, 2007

Delirious?


This is why I like Martin Smith and Delirious.....because they aren't just artists that worry about staying "clean" and living in "posh" houses.

They do something about about world causes.

They don't hoard all their monies to themselves. They do think of "creative" ways to help people and better yet......they do it. I've watched them through the years when they were nothing but just guys working in a little church as a worship band in "Littlehampton, England." In my heart......I believe they are REAL and down to earth.

That kind of stuff it highly important to me.


Some years back a lady that did our Children's church bought their first C.D called

"The Cutting Edge" and she told me about it....we had similar music tastes...so I took it along on a trip we were making to Colorado.

My entire family LOVED that C.D. before we made it back home. We listened to it over and over and over.

Next we got
"The King of Fools" and one special song became our "banner song" for the trip we were taking to Ireland...."History Maker." It really was a "history making" trip in more ways than one.

On my flight to Ireland via Belgium.....I listend to a newly released "Mezzamorphis" C.D. and that is forever engrained in my heart for that time of my life.

Music earmarks places and events in time for me for some reason.

All that aside.....please know and remember this....
Actions do speak louder than words many times.

It's not enough for us to proclaim who we love and serve.....at times....we need to "flesh it out." That's what this photo of Martin Smith is doing.

It's showing the need. It's showing the children of dispair. It brings the magnitude of the hurt home to you and me.

Someday when I am memoralized......(if ever HA!)I want our friend Donnie Kittle to sing this song for everyone at that moment.

I want it to be my banner.
Thank you to Martin Smith for writing just how I feel and the tune is so peaceful.

What A Friend I've Found

What a friend I've found
Closer than a brother
I have felt your touch
More intimate than lovers

Jesus, Jesus
Jesus, friend forever

What a hope I've found
More faithful than a mother
It would break my heart
To ever lose each other

No comments: