Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Good words.....


The other day I finally got all my songs downloaded onto my IPOD.......my middle son came over to the house and while he was here he helped me to find what had gone wrong and fixed the problem for me.
Lovely!!!

Last night Don and I were in our room and Luke was in there too laying on our bed tormenting us like he does every night before we go to sleep.

It's really not a terrible thing....but sometimes.....we JUST want to go to sleep....and I promise you....he comes and knocks on our door EVERY time he gets in from his little, job...and it's usually about 10:15pm and he sits or lays on our bed and tells us all kinds of crazy stuff. Things he's done at work, things that happened at school, you name it.

WE love our kids to do this though. Because it's "communication" and it's important. No matter how tired you are. Kids need their parents..... 24/7.

ALL three of our boys have ALWAYS done this at night....it's crazy too because sometimes they would have friends over and THEY would come in our room too and hang while our boys would talk to us..sometimes they too were adding in their own "two cents" as well.....WEIRD I know.

IT was sort of strange to us too in the beginning but we felt like "at least they all feel they can come chat with us."

I NEVER would have done that with my parents.

So we are glad they do/did.
We are currently down to one son at home now and Miss Priss. The nest is emptying out a bit. Although that bird Gabe has come back to the nest a few times after one of his wild adventures somewhere.

Usually because he's ran out of money. HA!

Miss Priss never really does this night time "ritual" unless she wants money or something.

Anyway the other night.....I was playing the new songs on my IPOD while Luke was in our room driving us batty with some nutty conversation and some of the Christmas music I had downloaded came on......it was the "Bing Crosby" CD I put on there.

It was VERY nice...refreshing even.


I love old 40's music like that. If ever I were supposed to pick a "time" in which I would have wanted to live....it would have been the 40's. I told my husband that while the music was playing and he said to me perplexed like..."during World War II???"

To which I said...."oh yeah....EVERYONE was on a level playing field." I mean think about it....everyone had or knew someone fighting in the war. Everyone was involved in the cause. Hearts were open. It was the best of times and it was the worst of times.

Anyhow at some point....this unusual song comes on that is a bit different than the
"White Christmas" type of songs on this CD......it was called

"Faith of our Fathers"....and I started listening to the words and I thought....."that must be a hymn." And it was and actually the wording was powerful. I had never heard it before let alone as a Christmas song.... but it was nice.

"Der Bingle" did a great job with it too.
Oh I have to tell you.....Bing's in my
ALL TIME favorite Christmas movie too....."Going My Way." We will talk more about that later for sure. I LOVE that movie.
I watch it every year. Own it. You have to see it sometime it's SO good.

Tonight I came to do a little "search" on that song I had heard and found out it's got an interesting background behind it.

Hit the link and you can read about it too....."Faith of our Fathers."
Check out the words below......I have to go now....it's 10:06pm and Luke has just gotten home. It's all good.


Faith of Our Fathers
Verse 1

Faith of our fathers, living still
In spite of dungeon, fire and sword!
O how our hearts beat high with joy
Whene'er we hear that glorious word!
Faith of our fathers! Holy faith!
We will be true to Thee till death!

Verse 2

Our fathers, chained in prisons dark,
Were still in heart and conscience free.
How sweet would be their children's fate
If they, like them could die for thee!
Faith of our fathers! Holy faith!
We will be true to Thee till death!

Verse 3

Faith of our fathers! God's great power
Shall win all nations unto thee;
And through the truth that comes from God
Mankind shall then be truly free.
Faith of our fathers! Holy faith!
We will be true to thee till death!

Verse 4

Faith of our fathers we will love
Both friend and foe in all our strife;
And preach Thee, too, as love knows how,
By kindly words and virtuous life.
Faith of our fathers! Holy faith!
We will be true to Thee till death!

Verse 5

Faith of our fathers we will strive
To win all nations unto Thee!
And thro' the truth that comes from God
Mankind shall then be truly free:
Faith of our fathers! Holy faith!
We will be true to Thee till death!

No comments: