Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Don't forget to "Thank a Vet"


Don't you think this photo says it all? I loved it.

Just a friendly reminder that "Veteran's Day" is next Monday 12th November.

If you are able to why not ....."Thank a Vet".....send a card to someone you know or someone you don't know. There are various ways and cards you can send. They make special cards for even W.W.I and II Vets which I think are very patriotic and awesome and you can get them right at your local Hallmark.

I have a special online "card service" that I use from a company called
"Send out Cards" and they had cards that I used to send to several Vets. If you check out the website they will allow you to send one "FREE" card to see what the site is all about.

My friend Lori, and I both pay to use this site because it's sooo easy and actually reasonable. You actually write what you want to say and the address and such and THEY write it all out and mail the card and everything.

Works for me.

Also......don't forget the guys overseas right now.
Send them a special thank you if you can.

Think about your neighbors or someone you work with that has a son or daughter in the military.

Possibly your A/C repairman served in Vietnam and never felt truly honored by his countrymen. It happened you know?

Or maybe your mailman served in W.W. II.
Why not just say a little
"Thank you?"


Couldn't hurt could it? Might help even.

You may want to consider this option as well......

A Recovering American Soldier
c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center
6900 Georgia Avenue, NW
Washington , DC 20307-5001


We can never understand the price of freedom.
I appreciate those that have gone before or are doing so now so that my family and my world is safe.

No comments: