Thursday, January 31, 2008

"National Hot Tea Month"....which is now pretty much offically .....over.

In "Honor" of this "National Hot Tea Month," which is nearly over in about 40 minutes by my time zone....I have a couple items I want to share with you quickly.

I've been meaning to say something on this all month....but I kept delaying it and now here we are in the last "minutes" of it. HA!

We can always.....extend it......say.....for 11 more months. That works for me because I really do celebrate "Hot Tea" all the time actually.

My favorite all time tea is....."Twinings English Breakfast Tea."
Of course I have other teas I like and drink, but this is my all time tea "standard" and my "comfort" tea for when I need warmed up, or don't feel well, etc.....

Last month I found a new Tea Blog that I liked and have been reading and you might want to take a peek at it as well.....it's called "Steph's Cup of Tea."
Steph is a kindred spirit to me already on many things....but especially in the area of her love of TEA too! Check out her site.

I have found TWO more "Tea" sites that I want to pass along to you for your viewing pleasure......one as recent as yesterday even!

This first one I found via "Steph's blog" and it is......
Angela McRae's blog called "Newnan-Coweta Magazine's Tea With Friends."
I think you will enjoy this site as well.
I checked it today infact and she had some wonderful looking "White Chocolate-Cranberry Scones" she had made and photographed on there along with the recipe that I WISH I could be eating right now! Yum!

"Tea in my Cup" is a site I just found last night that is ran by "Alice" and she had some very good recipes and interesting information on her site as well. I think she is worthy to be looked up too!

This is my "main" Tea Cabinet that holds some of my most precious Tea Treasures....China cups from Ireland that I brought back, my Grandmother's China dishes, Silver Flatware from my Great Aunt...all sorts of fun things..most of which relate to putting on one mighty fine Tea Party.
This Antique French Cabinet was a Mother's Day present to me from my sweet husband a couple of years ago.

We had spent the Saturday before Mother's Day out in the Antique shops outside of town walking around, windown shopping, having lunch, just spending a special "date day" together. THAT is what I wanted for Mother's Day. To have this time alone with my husband doing something we didn't get to do often, that was still also relaxing and fun.

While we were out I spotted this cabinet and fell in love with it upon seeing it in one of the shops we visited.
Later that week....my husband was unloading it at our backdoor with two of our sons as a HUGE surprise for me.
I was SOOO BLESSED can I tell you!

Now it contains various items that are all "memory filled" for me.
Things from people that no longer are alive and things from people I have loved dearly. It is a virtual "reminiscent experience" every time I open the doors to it to pull something out to use or to put something new into it.
At this point....it's pretty well stuffed full of things so much so that I can't get anything more into it.

That is unless it is tiny, like the miniture "Limoges, hinged Teapot box" that my good friend Diane gave to me for Christmas. That was a real surprise and a great gift to put into my cabinet. You can see it on the top shelf on right side near the middle of the cabinet.

One day I may take a few closer shots of specific things inside of the cabinet.

I have more tea things to share with you but they will have to wait for another time.

But for now my friends......"Hot Tea month" is about to pass in close to one minute and my computer may turn into a pumpkin and my "Hat and my beautiful Tea gown" may fall off and I will be wearing sweat pants and a long sleeved tee shirt that says....
"Louisiana State University, BCS Champions."

I need to scurry for now because it "won't be pretty."
Good night!

14 comments:

Pear tree cottage! said...

As I sit here sipping a nice cup of tea in a vintge cup & saucer that were my grandmothers, I think to myself "This is the reason I blog" This is the reason I take a moment in the day to visit others like yourself around the world......it is because I know now I am not the only one who enjoys the warm comfort of a cup of tea, the way it sooths the soul and the way it makes you stop and enjoy the things around you.

I work in a thrift shop and when it is time to go in the afternoons I am always asked the same question "were are you off too now Lee-ann?" and the answer is always the same "Why home to sit under a pear tree and sip a nice cup of tea........(smiles)

Enjoy your English breakfast, I am enjoying an Earl Grey Australian tea called Madura Tea.

Lee-ann

Steph said...

Thank you so much for the mention on your blog! :o) It's an honor, truly! And I think your tea cabinet is so lovely!

Anonymous said...

Love the tea cups! I feel we are never too old to play tea party. I would love to have one in the spring. Problem is... I dont drink tea. I did give Maddy a tea b-day party. It was so cute. All I had to do was show up. They had everything! I will send a picture to show you , so cute. Well have a good one my friend. GO TIGERS!!!!

Valentine Hearts said...

Hi Joyce,

How strange, I was just looking at a Whittards tea website. Then I look at your blog and tea is the talk of the day.

x

sherri said...

I am into Iced Tea - Sweetened from the Texas Sun. WAIT a minute - I haven't had that in 3 years!!
(Since I am living in Oregon, I can have..Snow Tea??)

LOVE the cabinet Display - Oh my goodness, tis' fit for a queen my dear!
It's beautiful - and I wish I could see up close all the lovely pieces inside - I would want to take them all home. I collect China - but it's all mis-matched!!
xo
Sherri

Sara said...

Now I know you really are Aunt Connie's niece! That cabinet looks like hers but instead of Santas it's tea cups and china. I love the cabinet, it's gorgeous. Your hubby is such a sweetie.

Jan Parrish said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog. It's so nice to meet new friends.

What a beautiful teapot collection and display. I usually prefer coffee but I also enjoy tea. My faves are English Breakfast and Earl Grey.

Jan Parrish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jan Parrish said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog. It's so nice to meet new friends.

What a beautiful teapot collection and display. I usually prefer coffee but I also enjoy tea. My faves are English Breakfast and Earl Grey.

SweetAnnee said...

love your cabinet..and all the wonderful things in it.

I love Early Grey as hot and iced tea!!
there are so many teas to sip, so little time

LOL
Deena

SweetAnnee said...

Thanks for joining in the Easter Bonnet..
just find a cool pic!!
deena

Alice said...

Thank you for mentioning my blog! I so enjoyed seeing your tea cabinet. I love dishes and yours, because of their history, are very special. Isn't it wonderful how such "things" will always convey the love we shared with the original owner/gift giver. I never use my grandmothers' things without thinking of them.

Shari said...

That is a very nice looking collection. My mom collects teapots. I was raised on tea. Right now, I am drinking Good Earth Original Sweet and Spicy. They just started selling it here in my town. Before that, it was a 4 hour drive to get this tea. I have many good memories, in my teens, drinking tea at the Good Earth restaurant. I'm going to check out the tea blogs next. I never thought about that topic for a blog.

Charlotte said...

Love love love your cabinet and all the contents. Thanks for sharing.