Yesterday afternoon we recieved a text message on my phone that our Pastor, Steve..was going into emergency surgery at that moment and to please pray. He was still recouping at the time from his first surgery that took place last Friday.
I called my friends right away to find out what was going on. We had learned earlier in the morning that he wasn't feeling well and there was some concerns.....so I had an "odd feeling" about it all.
Somewhere around nearly 3 plus hours later, we heard via text again.....that he was out of surgery and he was given a "colostomy"....which he didn't have previously.
This had to be done due to major infection that had set into his body in the area where the surgery was performed.
This will be a HUGE disappointment to him I know because he didn't want one and didn't need one with the initial surgery.
I had been "waiting" somewhat (on the further test results) to post about how things had gone and were going with him. Things were progressing nicely really......
The tumor had slipped a bit when they went in for surgery but they were able to get it all and it was the size of a smaller doughnut they said. We are awaiting results on the "Lymph" glands to know if the cancer is in them but his lungs and liver were "clear."
Now this setback....
It's okay though.....we press "onward."
Please pray for Pastor Steve will you.....his dear wife was "beside herself" yesterday when all this happened. I am sure she is better this morning but it was a shock and I know she is exhausted at this point.