Saturday, March 1, 2008

Happy Birthday to Gabe

Gabe, son #1, their friend Dustin and Caleb son #2, Tailgating at an LSU Football game this Fall.
Gabe
Today is "Gabe's" birthday.

Whose proper name was, and still is in fact "Gabriel" when we named him oh so many years ago now it seems. He was born in a "Leap year" and just missed it. We were glad of that really.

We haven't seen him "face to face" since before Christmas at which point he moved to Connecticut to be near the "girlfriend" whose parents relocated to there in August.
We do talk to him several times a week though....which is good.
He said they received another "8 inches of snow" during the night and it was "beautiful."
To which I responded "ugh....it's nearly 80 degrees and beautiful here."

It snowed right after Gabriel was born...in fact....they told me to "stay" at the hospital because of the snow storm.....so I did and was there nearly 5 days.

Which made me cry when I left with that tiny new baby because I felt like I was leaving "home." HA!

I mean they fed me and took care of me....it was great. HA!

Then the real work began.
And that "work" hasn't stopped yet.
Gabe and Caleb doing the "Chicken Dance."

Today is also my Grandfather's birthday....and my Cousin LynnAnn's birthday. So it's a busy day in my family.

Happy Birthday Gabriel.....and we miss you and love you and wish you many more Happy Birthdays.

8 comments:

Sara said...

Happy birthday Gabe! I remember when he was born too, I was so glad that Grandma got to see him before she passed.

Unknown said...

LSU has a college football team to be reckoned with!!! My hubby is a Penn State fan and I married into college football whether I wanted it or not! Now, I am a true, die hard fan of Penn State.

Hey, your sons are strapping young men! Happy Birthday to Gabe!

I have a friend who is 20 now, only because he has only had Birthdays every 4 years. I was just explaining this to my 13-year old son who had never considered Birthdays during leap year.

KJ

a Pocket Angel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
a Pocket Angel said...

Joyce, Happy birthday to your very good looking son Gabe.
What fun he's having doing the chicken dance! LOL..
Hope you are feeling Ok.
Hugs & love ~Mary~

Made In The South said...

How do you do it, my daughter just started college and it is so hard to let go, but I'm learning. Thank goodness she is just in school in another town. I would really have a hard time if it were another state.

Anonymous said...

What a handsome son you have! Happy birthday Gabe!!!

SweetAnnee said...

Happy Birthday to your handsome son Gabe!!
Son's are so special!! I only have one, but he's my heart!!

lovingly, deena

Alice said...

You must be so proud of your Gabe. I hope he had a great birthday!