Friday, August 29, 2008

Things I'm Excited About Today



Today I am excited about a few things....

***Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin
I'm liking what I am reading and hearing about this WOMAN today....

Our son lived and worked in Wasilla Alaska and LOVED it up there...that was when Palin was Mayor of that town...so I feel a weird "Mom connection" in that way. HA! HA!

Excited about....
***Lunch with my friend Lori at 12:30 at one of our favorite places to eat.

***Excited that we have our hurricane supplies all purchased.....

***Excited that it's a BEAUTIFUL day outside today
....very hot though.

NOT excited that I took a sinus pill this morning and literally passed out on the couch watching the news and hurricane reports and missed my swim group! Ughhghghgh!

And last of all.....I'm NOT EXCITED about this....

With TODAY being the THIRD anniversary of Hurricane "Katrina"....
hitting the Louisiana and Mississipi coastline.....ALL the bad images of what happened during those days during and after once she came have been stirred up in our hearts and memories.

We sure hope we do not have a repeat event with this hurricane....ummmm or the one behind it.....like three years ago as well....hence "Katrina and Rita."
This is just crazy.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I have been having to take sinus pills, too! Dag nabbit! What is going on with my mucose membrains??? I am a snot locker and coughing the worst sounding coughs! God deliver us from these conditions! In Jesus name, AMEN!

OOOOOOOOOh, isn't this good news for conservatives? A woman who cares for the unborn, stands behind the right to bear arms, and wants to start drilling in Alaska! And, she might just be the first female VP!

I have to go do a telephone appt.

Talk to you later!
KJ

Unknown said...

Tell me how you place wallpaper in the background of your blog...

KJ

Joyce said...

KJ....I haven't a clue how to do that. HA! Someone help me. I've never changed mine....I use E-blogger and it has a template...and I don't know if you can change it..but if I can.....I don't know what to do.
Crazy me.
Anyone have any thoughts for KJ in California??? HA!
Check out her Blog while your at it too..very informative and artsy. I like it. :~)
Thanks.....JM

Sharon said...

Joyce, thanks for visiting my blog. I don't know why KJ didn't know how to contact me, there were several ways, but any how. Please do come back and visit. You said we have several things in common. If one of them is Assembly of God?!? I hope you'll join the network. I look forward to reading your blog, and more about you. Blessings! ~Sharon~