Thursday, May 7, 2009

My Schedule For The Next Month......

May is my month of so MANY "Life adjustments."
And I'm not doing to great at it so far...but I REALLY am trying.

And I don't know about ya'll....
But I have so many irons in the fire!

AND so MANY weird "emotions" that are "stirring" up those fires.
Like......."loosing my baby girl!!" I'm driving her and the boyfriend and my family NUTS with all this and I can't seem to stop it. Ugh.....

Anyone have a book I can read on this empty nest thing? Or a nice box of tissues?? I can't seem to stop the tears the past few weeks. They just come on the scene when I least expect it. I hate that.
I am such a "IN CONTROL" person but I have been loosing it lately.

Miss Priss JUST finished her last day of High School yesterday.........
THANK GOD!


Now all of our four children are done with that. Which means I can sleep late now right?????

Then this week we have THIS.......
AFRICA!!!
"Trip #1

"The Boyfriend" leaves this coming Wednesday (the 13th) for HIS trip to Mozambique......so he will be gone for Miss Priss's graduation. But she's taking it well.......because "Duty calls" and we are happy for him to have this opportunity to go do missions work with the team he is on.
"Graduation" will be on Monday the 18th at Louisiana State University at 5:00pm.
One of the "brothers" can't come because he's going to be in Miami so this has little "Miss Priss pretty distressed and upset. UGH~!
Then "The Boyfriend" comes back from Africa on the 23rd of May.
Then....."Miss Priss" leaves for "Swaziland AND Mozambique" on the 27th for HER trip to Africa.

IF you don't hear from me much in May......just pray, because I've more than likely gone stark raving mad!!!
Let's hope that doesn't happen though.

4 comments:

Jenji said...

How exciting!! I know you must be having "mixed emotions." Congratulations on your daughters graduation! She is so cute! I got your message about derby. I did not win that much money:) That would have been nice!! (I probably wouldn't be blogging for a while:)

Happy Thursday Friend!!

The Urban Chic said...

Hi Joyce. Glad to see you home and have missed you very much. I too have been busy, but nothing like you. I am home today, but leaving tonight to go back to my home in the country. I know that empty nest feeling and mine has never gone away. Wishing you a Wonderful and Happy Mother's Day. Love and hugs, Pat

Ms.Daisy said...

Joyce,
That empty nest feeling can be trying but there is so much to enjoy just watching your children developing their "wings" and learning to fly! I remember when Jillian moved to Missouri for a job and Mrs. Tuneful moved to California for her husband's job.
I, too, remember the tears but such is life and prayers do help. I want to wish you a very Happy Mother's Day anyway!!! LOL!
Hugs,
Jean

Teresa's New Life said...

Having three daughters and no sons, it's a scaring feeling having them leave. I was so afraid for the girls all the time (still am to some extent) BUT I finally decided they belong to GOD and no amount of worry could change anything. But the missing them part sure changed! LOL. I cried for days- make that months- when the last one left, but now hey- life is GREAT! The visits are nice, but so is mom & dad time alone. You fall in love all over again and it is great. So good luck and keep up the good spirits- you'll be in my thoughts.