Monday, March 15, 2010

The Ol' Corned Beef and Cabbage

This will be what The Mahan's served to our guest yesterday. It might look, well...not very appealing in the package but when it's all said and done it tastes wonderful.
Our family LOVES it!

"Corned Beef, Cabbage, Carrots, Potatoes, and a Potato roll."

The other night my husband and I set out on a journey to buy the Corned Beef.
Which is why I called it a "journey" due to the fact that Corned Beef is not always an easy thing to find in the city of Baton Rouge.

Finally we found some much to our delight at Target. Of all PLACES! And at a decent price per pound.

So we bought a cart load of them and other fixings that we need for our Irish Feast.




However if you live in Ireland you cook this instead.......
If I remember correctly it's called "Boiling Bacon" or something of that sort. Making it seem to me to be a type of a "Ham."

I think I like the American version better. HA!


The past few days have been busy, busy with preparations for this party of ours, we have done some work on the patio area recently and worked on some new landscaping in the back yard, nothing very major but just a few new touches and tweaks.

We so look forward to seeing everyone and eating all the great food that we prepared and the desserts that our friends bring.

I will post photos as soon as I get the opportunity to do so.

4 comments:

Teresa's New Life said...

Looks great to me. Can't wait to put mine on. I love corned beef & cabbage. Be well- T

My Vintage Studio said...

Sounds like you had a woderful time!

Hope you are feeling better.

Enjoy your upcoming trip.

Hugs, Sharon

Ms.Daisy said...

Joyce,
Thanks for stopping by to say "hi" - I hope you guys had a fun corned beef and cabbage get together for St. Paddy's Day! Sounds like you are feeling better too! That's always good!!!


Hugs,
Jean

MK said...

Mrs. Joyce,
I was fortunate enough to get some of the leftovers and it was tasty. So thanks!
-Mallory