Sunday, January 9, 2011

I'm Still Here...Sort Of

( Joyce, and Diane at our Annual Christmas Tea this past December for our Tea Group
"The Royal Court of Tea Sisters.")
The New Year has brought with it new strains and stresses to which we are adjusting to.

I am not sure about you but normally when the old year is near the end, I am very glad to get off with it like a stinky old pair of shoes my kids had been wearing.

However, this year I wasn't that anxious to do so. I guess because I knew there were/are some new challanges that are/were due to arrive as soon as that New Year came into play. And some that we hadn't probably even anticipated.


It's now just the 9th day into 2011.

And so now here we go.....like a snowball down a hill, there's no stopping the New Year and the new ordeals.....come what may...we are on this ride.
For at least 365 days anyway......."the good Lord willing."


Upon the arrival of this New Year.....we've encountered the fact that my good friend Diane's husband is fading fast. He's been ill with a life threatening issue. Now that time has come for him to prepare to exit the planet. His 2011 will be over before we even get strongly into it, and he will begin a new chapter in eternity.

It's alright though really, because we know where he is headed.
We are comforted with the fact that where he is going, it is a much more wonderful, and glorious, place than here on this crazy earth where he's lived all these years.


It's just the pain, and discomfort, that he is suffering on his part that is nearly unbearable on all of us.
Not counting the terrible heartache of his parting from his of his wife of nearly 40 years, our dear friend Diane, that makes this all so hard.

Please do pray for her.
She's very tired and this battle isn't over yet..she's got a few rough days ahead yet.
I for one will be back here soon.



7 comments:

My Vintage Studio said...

Hi Joyce.
I am so sorry to hear about your friend. I will include her family in my prayers.
Wishing you some rest this week.
Hugs, Sharon

Denise said...

Oh girl.. I just cried... Such pain we have to endure on this side of heaven.. There is a song playing on my radio...... A little while Longer..
Build your hopes on the eternal God.. HE will not let you down....

I miss home...... after 2010 I am so home sick for home..... I want to see the sweet faces of my Mom and Dad..

This is our hope....... We live in HIM........ They live in HIM...

Faith is the substance of things HOPED for........ Hold on to hope.... without it we perish..

The HopeChest said...

We are having a bumpy start to 2011, aren't we? Forge ahead with the help of our Jesus.

ladyestelle said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog for tea.
I love meeting new tea lovers.
Come and join my tea lovers corner for more tea fun. Invite your tea society friends
http://tealoverscorner.ning.com/
We would love to have you.
Lady Estelle

ladyestelle said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog for tea.
I love meeting new tea lovers.
Come and join my tea lovers corner for more tea fun. Invite your tea society friends
http://tealoverscorner.ning.com/
We would love to have you.
Lady Estelle

The Urban Chic said...

Joyce, sorry to hear the terrible news about your friend's husband. I will include them in my daily prayers. Life is so short sometimes and we often forget to tell our love ones how much we love them, so please tell all your friends how you feel about them Now instead of waiting for the day we will leave this earth. Love and "Blessings", Pat

Barbara said...

So very sad and hard to see our loved ones in such pain. Blessings and prayers.