Monday, August 27, 2007

Wheat and the TARES.......



Found this on a blogsite I was reading on "worship" tonight. It's by Leonard Jones if any of you know him.
It's interesting. I guess I had put the situation of "Tares" to the back of my memory bank but reading this posting caused me to think about it again and how it relates to where we are and how we are operating. Very timely. I like the last line.

Tares
Tuesday, August 21, 2007, 04:55 PM
When a ministry is first being planted, Satan will try to stop it. If he cannot stop it, then he will try to plant some tares along with the wheat. As the ministry grows, you start noticing some things that are not right. Those things usually were not right from the beginning, but they were not mature yet so they went unnoticed. Does that mean you just quit and start another ministry? Then what about the tares sown in the next ministry you start, and the next…? You are always going to have some things wrong with any ministry, and they may stay wrong as long as the ministry is going. The real goal is not to have a perfect ministry; it’s to have perfect hearts. By perfect hearts I mean humble, God loving, God seekers; not professional ministers.
LEO

No comments: