Friday, November 2, 2007

"No Thank You, Sweeny Todd"


I've decided that there will be NO
"Sweeny Todd" for me Thank You.
I guess I thought it was going to be a bit more "Dicken's" like and redemptive in the end. Guess again.

I saw the trailor....and SORRY.....I don't do serial killers or horror.....
so Johnny Depp, you will have to just excuse me for not attending.

Besides it looked a bit "Edward Scissorhandsy" to me as well.....which I never saw because I HATE stuff like that. Creepy.

I think I will stick with the "Pirate's" movies....because I love Captain Jack Sparrow.

Come on....the man should have gotten an Oscar for that role..I mean he did a GREAT Keith Richards didn't he?

Or I can just re-watch another of my Johnny Depp favorites......
"Chocolate."


One day I called my sister Jenny at her job. It's a very reputable company in Omaha.

She asked me if I knew it was
"World Wide Pirates Day"....and of course I didn't but I was OVERJOYED to hear that little known fact.

She then tells me....they were trying to think of "Pirate songs" to sing.....

Now, I'm no "Pirate song authoritarian" but I knew a good bit more of them than THEY did.

So I gave them a couple of good ones.....things I learned on my kids Disney videos they watched when they were little and I heard over and over.

Finally....I have now been able to put those songs I memorized to "good use."

As I would sing them to her in the phone....she'd yell them out to her various co-workers in her office.

Crazy huh? I love it.
Arrrrggghhhh......."get back to work Maties!"

Two good quotes tonight by Captain Jack....

"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness."
Captain Jack Sparrow

"Close your eyes and pretend it’s all a bad dream. That’s how I get by."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Ditto for me Captain Jack...on the both of them.
Goodnight.

No comments: