Friday, May 16, 2008

Rainy Days

WHEW! We sure have had us some rain here in Louisiana the past few days......too much really. It's always a bit "soggy" here anyhow....but we were overloaded with the stuff right now. Every canal and ditch and bayou is flooded.

It's looking a bit dreary out there right now even. I just checked the ol' "Weather.com" and it looks like we have more coming. Yikes!
From the storm we recieved Wednesday, we woke up the next morning to find our neighbor lady's big back yard tree down and over the fence even into our yard....

So yesterday during a lull our three boys were "on it like Lumber Jacks" with chainsaws and their bodies, getting it cut down and hauled off out of her yard.

Miss Priss and I had to do a "Dr. Appointment" for her then we went on to do some clothes shopping for "Graduation" outfits for Monday night and for some "summer items." Then we had to go to a few more places...like "The Chiropractor" for her and so on and so forth. Blah! We were gone for hours and boy were we tired when we got home.

By the time we got back home.....our yard and the neighbor lady's yard was "ALL CLEAR up" from all the tree debris, and you would never have known that big ol' thing even came down. Better now I saw than during a hurricane. So that worked out.

I like that though. We can ALWAYS rely on our kids in a crisis.....or just in a hard situation. They act like "men" and get the job done whatever it may be. And don't complain.....they work as a team and I know they enjoy doing whatever it is. It's like a "Challange" for them.

I have to remind myself all the time......"ugh, they ARE MEN now"..even if they don't always act like it. HA!

Today Miss Priss and I BOTH are seeing a Physical Therapist.
Should be interesting. Hopefully this will help us both get some relief.

I myself have been having problems for two weeks now....all they can related to is the accient I had 6 days after Miss Priss and Italian Boy were hit by the Drunk Driver. I was just sitting at a stop on the road when I was rear ended in my truck but man I have had some issues with my back and neck that I never have had before nor thought I would even as a result of that accident. Crazy!!!!

We really don't have time for all this......Graduation is this coming Monday......then we leave right after that with Miss Priss for Texas for six days.

Life is busy! I hope we can both feel better SOON.

I also HOPE that you all are hanging in there......and I pray that some of this rain moves on and reaches some of the "drought" stricken areas of the south and upper southeast here in America, where they REALLY need it.

I figure that "God knows" and He does......He sends the rain where it is supposed to go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's funny, isn't it, there's always too much rain or not enough. We are in our twelfth year of a drought, with water catchments at 30 % overall, yet the tropical northern parts of Australia have had way too much rain.

I hope you experience some improvements in your back.

Kate

Julie said...

Wow, you have great, helpful kids! We could have used them when our old apple tree fell over after heavy rains. It reached from the back of the yard almost to the deck. What a surprise it was to wake up and see THAT!

We finally have rain here!! Check out my blog and see the painting I posted. Very similar in feel to the one you chose.