Ripping out the kitchen
We have been doing some MAJOR CHANGES in our home this year. We just completed the main hall bathroom....which is looking pretty good I must say so myself.
Then last month we had a huge DRAMA.....with this project.
Believe me it was DRAMA too!! I am not over exaggerating in the least bit when I say that.
This is what the "old air conditioner/furnace" looked like once they pulled it out from it's spot and put it on our patio. Scary.....
We had problem after problem with this project.
The A/C people started EARLY in the morning and it was to be done that night...at about 7:15pm I was coming home from work and called my husband and he told me that we had "no Air Conditioning and that they had a problem".....ugh.
OF COURSE....this was ONE of the most humid days we had experienced up to this point in this season....so our house was unbelievably HOT and humid inside when I got home.
My husband had the main A/C man....a friend of ours coming over to check the freon to see what was going on and they found a "leak in the main coil"...ugh! By then it was after 10:00pm....so we triaged the situation and decided to pull out every fan we could...and stick then in the windows and take showers to cool off before going to bed. Ceiling fans blaring of course on high speed.
We were in "hurricane mode" but with power...which we usually pull off anyway because we use a generator....we just had "extra fans" going this time.
They fixed all they could and we soon all realized that it still wasn't right.
THREE DAYS LATER ....still with no air in SOUTH LOUISIANA where it was/is very humid and about 80 degrees at 10:00 at night.....and where we have been running our air conditioner.....since December mind you......
(NEW Air Conditioner)
They decided they had to REPLACE the unit they had just put in because it was "defective"....our poor A/C guy who is the nicest guy on the planet...and my poor husband.
They both nearly went crazy over this......and me.....well, I was staying out of it. HA! HA!
I was already frustrated with the mess of it all.....water on the wood floors and rust and the constant running in and out...not counting all the stress of this unit not working. And the expenses.
They seemed to keep going up from what the original estimate/costs were to be some reason. UGH!
Anyhow.....now it's done and we sang "Hallelujah" when the air really DID come on and it was sweet.
That is UNTIL the next day......day FOUR....the air went "off" on it's own and we couldn't get it back on....SO we had to call our sweet A/C guy and he had to go BACK UP into the attic which is like a "coffin" this time of year....and fix an "electrical problem."
This new unit now works so much better and nicer than our old one and pulls much more humidity out of the air we can tell and hopefully will save us money.
Now we are on the "Kitchen remodel project"....and on a deadline.
My 17 year old Twin Niece and Nephew from IOWA are flying down to stay with us for TWO weeks and we pick them up in New Orleans on the 20th. Soooo...we are trying to get this nearly finished by then.
Photos will be forthcoming when I get a chance to down load them all.....
The kitchen was nearly totally gutted.... the electrical and plumbing is DONE and the new drywall up and about ready to be painted. We have to hurry and get the cabinets up because the counter top people are coming to do the template for them on Wednesday.
Yes....we love living "on the edge."